Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Slow page load with Calendly embed

Hello guys

I wanted to embed Calendly onto my page, but it drastically slowed down the page load and animations.

I tried optimizing the site the best I could, but nothing helped. Without Calendly, it runs perfectly.

Any ideas on how to speed up the page loading?

Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
My live site: LIVE SITE

Hi @silver, thanks for your reply, one thing you can try to do is to load the calendly embed script not in the embed, but in the footer of the site in the Before Body section of custom code on the page where the embed is located:

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $.ajax({
        url: "https://assets.calendly.com/assets/external/widget.js",
        dataType: "script",
        cache: true
    });
});
</script>

Make sure to remove this script from the actual embed, so that the script does not load when the html is rendering at the same time, this can cause some performance trouble.

I after adding that code, republish the site. I hope this helps!

Hi @cyberdave , it runs faster on pc, mobile seems to be the same. But unfortunately, the calendar is now under the footer at the bottom of the page. I need it right before it.

I did everything just as you recommended and put your custom code in the before /body tag. Why is this happening?

Thank you!

Hi @silver, only the script line goes in the Before Body section of custom code in page settings like so:

Shared with CloudApp

The Div block line should be put into a custom code element on the page where you want the calendly embed to appear.

Like so:

Shared with CloudApp

I hope this helps.