Slider settings

Hi guys

I am trying to set up a slider on a website - what is the longest duration period for the slider that I can use. Initially I wanted it to change slides every 24 hours, but that doesn’t seem to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could probably do that, Certainly some sliders like swiper or splide should allow that. However under normal circumstances most people will not leave their browser window open for 24 hours just for that purpose.

Even in a shop window or waiting room situation, you’d probably want it to change more often than that.

Are you sure you don’t want to change the image for everyone ever 24 hours? More like a random or scheduled hero area setup?

If you can describe a little bit more about what you want do, it might help the community suggest an approach.

Hi Michael

Are you sure you don’t want to change the image for everyone ever 24 hours? More like a random or scheduled hero area setup - actually, that’s what I really wanted to do. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Yes you can do this by putting your slide content in the CMS, and then sorting the connected collection list in random order.

If you want to use Webflow’s built-in slider I think Finsweet has a CMS Slider toolset that will allow you to connect the two. You’ll find some youtube videos on how to set this up as well.

I usually find swiper.js is a better choice for its huge feature set, and it’s easy to implement in Webflow.