Skip Nav Button

Hey guys

I want to add a Skip Navigation button to every page on my site, and to clients sites, but when I follow the Webflow article on how to do this, using a link block and section IDs, it only works for one link.

I think this is because on each page the “skip link” is linking to “skip-target”, and because it’s multiples of the same ID’s, the latest one overrides the last.

Here’s a video to show what I mean:

This seems like something that should be pretty straightforward, but the only work-around I can find is linking each skip-link to the url and section id, which would re-load the page each time or creating a new ID for each page section but that would stop the code that Webflow provided from working.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - My Website

Try creating a Property out of the link so that you can link to the correct section on each page. You can do this by clicking the purple dot next to link:

This allows you to set a unique link for each instance of the navigation bar. The issue is that you’re using a component and setting a page-specific link and then because you’re reusing the component on a different page, it can’t find the link you previously set so it looks like it’s not retaining the link.

Hey @CaitlinRSE , thanks for responding! I created a property but that still didn’t solve the issue.

However, I did find another tutorial with code and that’s done the job! Thanks!