Seeking advice on how to make this type of layout

Hello Forums!

I wanted to make a layout, and I am having trouble structuring it and making it work. I have tried some absolute positioning to make the boxes float to the right and left, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Top box would be logo.
Middle three boxes would be content, the first and third moved to the left and right, respectively.
And the very bottom is a contact form.

Any input on how to make this work?

Is there a way to absolutely position an element to the center? Perhaps a flexbox model?

Thanks.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi benwarped! This is definitely doable without much issue. I thought it might be easiest to just give you a sample project using this layout, so here’s a link to that.

In this example, I have the entire body wrapped in a Div Block with flex applied to center everything by default. Then on the inner Div Blocks, I used auto margins to position them on the left / right side. Everything else floats in the center as expected.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to proceed. Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Ohhh okay, I see! I feel like I always figure the solution out when I am laying in bed waiting to fall asleep haha! But this is an even farther simplified solution – thank you!

Do you happen to know of any good resources for webflow layout videos aside from WebflowU/Flux?

1 Like

I learned everything Webflow from both of those sources, so I don’t have much beyond that, but I know Awwwards has some courses available that people swear by. I’d also recommend subscribing to both Timothy Ricks and Finsweet on YouTube. For pure design and layout inspiration, Relume Library is probably my favorite go-to right now.