Publishing collection data and removing OAuth integration

@nathan Figured we’d try to bump this conversation again. To clarify, we’re looking for the ability to auto publish changes to a collection item.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi @jdesign

Just a couple of things i’ve seen recently giving some hope on the ‘search’ front:

@brryant mentioned (2 weeks ago) in the ‘General Feedback on Webflow’ thread, that a blog post was coming in the next few weeks with updates - hoping it is now imminent!

He also responded to a tweet from @RoseWebStudio to say that search would be 2017 rather than 2018.

Not a solution to this issue…but you never know…

Stu

1 Like

Hopefully search does arrive in 2017.

Just adding in my desire for inventory control using FoxyCart. The cart system is just amazing and with inventory control and webflow, it will be perfect! I don’t ask for much, but this is HUGE!

Let us pray to Webflow Gods :pray:t2:

Agreed @magicmark

@callmevlad - If Webflow native e-commerce isn’t coming soon, can you bring us some good news on this iventory control issue in your AMA on 19th December?

@foxy are ready, we are ready… :pray:

Stu

2 Likes

Hi @nathan

I noticed you are looking into a related issue on another thread, and just wondered if you could offer some further thoughts on this thread…

Specifically we are talking about Foxycart’s inventory control functionality, which is ready to plug in to Webflow. More generally, it’s about auto publishing collection item changes.

Your response was encouraging back in August:

• ‘we want to make it possible to implement this’
  • ‘i might be able to come up with a workaround until live updates are possible’
  • 're: Foxy’s point 2 - ‘an oversight, adding it should be a pretty quick addition’

We’re aware you’ve been pulled onto other projects, but it would be great to get some further thoughts on this 3 months on. When i’m talking to clients, I can sell them on most of the benefits of using Webflow rather than Shopify…until we talk about inventory control…stumbling block.

Many thanks
Stu

Hi all, thank you for your patience, it is greatly appreciated.

I can confirm we have started working on live item updates. We had a meeting earlier in the week to start scoping out the project, and work is underway!

6 Likes

@nathan - that’s fantastic news! and you know where to find some enthusiastic beta testers :wink:

Big thanks
Stu

1 Like

YEEESSSSS!

1 Like

This is great news @nathan! Thank you for the update!

Josh

Hi @nathan

I raised the question about live item updates in the livestream with @callmevlad - and although he didn’t get to answer it, @Andrew pointed me in the direction of this link:

Is this a recent update that means the roadblock is lifted, or is it now a Zapier issue rather than Webflow limitation, as Andrew alluded to:

With e-commerce projects coming up in the new year, I would love to be able to include live inventory updates via @foxy to the feature list…no more losing clients to Shopify for that functionality :wink:

Any news this side of Christmas?

Many thanks
Stu

2 Likes

Going through a final round of testing currently :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the friendly nudge @StuM!

@nathan Thank you for the update. Our team is ready to finalize everything once this update is pushed.

4 Likes

Can I like a post 10 times ?

:smile: :+1: :webflow_heart: :rocket: :crazy_face:

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Any updates on this if this has gone live ?

Hi @pacochin.
No update yet, but we know the Webflow team will update this as soon as they can. Once an update has been released, we’ll need to test things on our end as well. Thanks for hanging in there.

Josh

Hi everyone - we’ve pushed updates to allow single item publishing (aka updating live Collection items). Check it out and let us know what you think!

1 Like

Thank you @brjohnson and Webflow team.

We’ll start testing things on our end soon. I don’t have an eta on release of the inventory integration, but we’ll be working on it as quickly and efficiently as possible and we will post in the Webflow forums when it’s ready.

Thanks,
Josh

2 Likes

@brjohnson @foxy

Fantastic news!

Josh and team be diving in like:

4 Likes

Ah yeah! Be sure to subscribe to receive Foxy + Webflow updates here.

Thanks,
Josh