Problem with dynamic checkboxes in forms / Bug?

Hey @all,

I currently have some issues with dynamic checkboxes in a normal form.

I added a dynamic list in a form and linked it to the relevant collection. Afterwards, I put an checkbox into the dynamic item and linked the field label to the required collection field.

Now I have the problem that, as long a I click on the checkbox itself - the correct checkbox gets selected. But, if I click on the field label of the 2nd, 3rd, … item, the first checkbox gets selected.

[REMOVED PROJECT LINK] >> I had to switch to static to make the form work :wink:

That’s the link to my project. You will find the form on the bottom of the home page.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/test2017en?preview=2d4fcbe2d7ccf7cb3dbddea701a80b40

Any ideas? It would be fine as well, if I could disable the click on the field label (so that the user would have to click on the checkbox directly).

Thanks a lot,
Michael

You shouldn’t put checkboxes in dynamic lists. All will have the same name and ID, causing the labels to only toggle the first checkbox with the same ID.

1 Like

Hi @samliew

is there any other option to show different options from a dynamic collection in a form?

Radio button won’t work as well, right? What about selectors?

Or is there a solution using JS (to give items different names and IDs)?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael

Any ideas how to solve the problem? :wink:

As I have to launch the project this weekend, I will switch to a static form and remove the preview link.

But I still hope to find a solution!!! :smiley:

Anyone got any ideas … ???

Sorry, I’m not free this week/weekend. If you need a developer to urgently look into this, please use the Freelance category on the forum.

I used static checkboxes for the launch version, but I would still be happy if any has an idea how to solve the issue :wink:

Hi! I ran into exactly the same issue… :confused: For now, I couldn’t find any other solution than either static checkboxes, or embedding an external form. Could you find another way to solve, or work around it?

@Beppino_Defner No I didn’t. Did you ;)?

I have looked and looked through the forums for a solution to this. Since 2017 and no solution still? I also have the issue of properly returning email values from the dynamic checkbox /radio buttons in forms. I have tried adding all the code snippets from other posts with no luck. Please if someone has found a solution to this problem let us know.

Did you ever get your solution guys? I have one if not. Email me at daniel@finidev.com.