Pricing and Plans Question.. Is this actually right?

Ignore this, skip to the end

Hi there, I am trying to build websites on Webflow and host them for clients. I am confused on the pricing though.

My main question is, why is there a plan for the workspace and then one for each website?

Thank you for your time
-Ryan Morris

Allow me to expand… Most website builders (wordpress, square, wix, etc.) will have you pay a monthly / yearly fee, and you can build x amount or unlimited websites as you want.

In Webflow, it appears that you must pay for a workspace if you want to have more than 2 unhosted websites. On top of that, you have to pay for each website monthly / yearly as well to acquire more than 2 pages and export features…

That seems absurd or am I misunderstanding something? I am to pay to build a certain amount of websites, and then I have to pay again for each one?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

? I’ve never actually seen such a thing. Except in cases where you’re self-hosting e,g a wordpress instance, in which case you’re just on the hook for the monthly server instance fees.

Yes Webflow charges per hosted site, which is primarily defined by having a custom domain like mysite.com. Yes the cost scales depending on the features you want, e.g. CMS and ECom. I see a similar setup on platforms like Wix.

The workspace plan is all about design-time capabilities. If you build sites for clients, and have a number of sites in the build process simultaneously, this is for you.

Code export is also a feature of a paid workspace plan (only) and not a paid site plan. Not sure why that limitation exists, but it does.

@memetican Good to know. Thank you for your confirmation,
I had just watched this video before you replied. https://support.webflow.com/topics/plans-pricing (just have to click on the “webflow pricing explained”)
Thanks again

However, I am still getting this message when I click on code button at the top right…
"Exports don’t include CMS or Ecommerce functionality. You can export Collection content from the Collections panel.

Add a Site plan to take full advantage of our CMS, Ecommerce, forms, and search features.

See my Site plan"

I can still download the zip, but would it include everything in my site?
I did purchase the agency workspace which which has access to about all the css stuff.

All I am trying to do is get the export code so I can plug it into a hosting service.
I have the agency workspace. Is that enough? If so, what is this css error?

"Exports don’t include CMS or Ecommerce functionality. You can export Collection content from the Collections panel.

Add a Site plan to take full advantage of our CMS, Ecommerce, forms, and search features.

See my Site plan"

I can still download the zip, but would it include everything in my site?

Hey @Ryan_Morris

Site exports do not include CMS or Ecommerce content. You can export code, but it will only export static pages, not any CMS template pages or the data within the CMS.

Also, note that forms will export, but they won’t work with Webflow forms since you have to be hosting on Webflow for those forms to be received into Webflow. You would need to use a third party form handler.

Does that clear things up?

@Drew_Schafer A little bit, yes. Thank you