Please help me with this email pop-up modal!

Hello!

I am having issues with this email pop-up modal that I am working on for a client. It shows up on every page and I have no idea how to make it so it only shows once per user. I tried installing JavaScript cookies and it worked for a while but then on mobile, it still pops up.

I also need to change it so it never shows again after a user has inputted their email, and I don’t know where to start.

Thank you so much!

Here is my read-only link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sarcastic-mommy?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=sarcastic-mommy&preview=9be95a530b3fd88b9d324d0f139dff28&workflow=preview

Hey Janice, it can be done but it’s a fair bit of work to get the tracking right, and to use them effectively to trigger/suppress your interactions-based modal.

A better option for you and your clients might be to use a solution that already has pop-up support. I like MailerLite for that purpose. It’s initially free, including the pop-up support, up to about 1000 in your mailing list.

The paid version ( pretty cheap ) allows you to have general announcement pop-ups as well, which my clients like for e.g. holiday hours announcements, events, specials…

If you’re committed to the Webflow-only approach, search for a video by Pixelgeek on this, he walks through the cookie setup and IIRC there was some discussion about the permanent suppression aspect after a completed CTA.

1 Like

Thanks for walking me through this issue, Michael. I’ll ask my client if they want to switch to MailerLite.