Please help.... how do you have a fixed div disappear within scrollable div parent?

I want to make the white headline disappear within the nested parent div. the div containing the image.

both headlines are fixed. but when the rectangle div containing the image scrolls up the black text to be revealed and the white text to disappear within the image div.

I’ve tried everything and I can not seem to figure this out.

Here is my public share link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/brandon-fretwells-first-project?preview=3adf8d5170c40962bb3622665b4939aa

Hi @b_fretwell

I am not sure exactly what you mean. Can you provide a bit more information on what you are trying to achieve? Do you have any examples of this effect?

​Thanks in advance, and I’m standing by for your reply.

The two static headlines scroll across the page

The white portion is clipped within a div the same width as the rectangle in the center of the page

I want to be able to scroll the rectangle up the page out of view but as it goes up it takes the white headline with it. Kind of like melts away as it scrolls up within that rectangle div

No examples. But you can see in the site so far when you scroll up both headlines are left stacked on top of each other. I only want the black headline to stay. The white to disappear inside the rectangle div as it scrolls up

I was trying to reply but across an issue with QuickCast…

OP’s issue
Basically - when you scroll up and down - the portion of the text disappears and all you see is the outline of the text.

Here’s a video is the issue

CloudApp

Video is using GetApp… that @PixelGeek mentioned here

Thanks Nelson :slight_smile:

Just got an error when I select the Save button in the Webflow forum.

Not sure if it was the Webflow forum or CloudApp that displayed the message
(because immediately after… I saw a message from CloudApp about uploading a screen capture)

Yes that is the issue. When the rectangle with the image scrolls up. I want it to erase or disappear the white text

So all you see is black text across the screen

Also when it scrolls up. That is not an outline of the text. That is white text clipped in a div the same size as the black text. So two full fill text. No outline

Here is the effect I am trying to achieve when the rectangle div containing the image is scrolled up out of view

sorry if I am not using the correct terms.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.