Place div on top of slider

I’m trying to place a div containing various elements on top of my slider so I can have a slideshow playing behind these elements. I was successful using a container, but I got a warning about how containers should not be absolutely positioned.

You’ll see in the preview that my div is positioned correctly, but I can’t get my slider up underneath it whilst moving the rest of my content below upwards along with it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/donnybrook-v2?preview=663761dbd5d7356bbd4b29b32e1eb504
(how to access public share link)

@zac great question! ​I would place the Slider inside of a Section that is set to relative position and then add a sibling div block element next to the Slider so it looks like this and they share the same parent:

​Then I would set the sibling div block parent to absolute positioning and a higher z-index than the slider to make it sit above the slider and style it as needed. :slight_smile:

So simple! Thank you @Waldo. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.