Password protection for individual pages and folders

@brryant +1 and some input …

As I’m having experiences with several passwort protected sites, which we did with another technology and I hope to do this type of sites someday with Webflow, today I will give you some input from my actual feature set for some clients.

• All of my clients in the B2B area need stuff to download. Like brochures, pictures, manuals, etc.
  • Some of them also want to have some things public and some things not, eg. g. we let some not confidential stuff like brochures, low res pictures, end user documentations of products public
  • For other stuff there is the need for registered clients, or partners, sales people or internal departments to have a quick access to special stuff, like highres images, internal documentations, configuration manuals, etc.
  • This means for us most times about 4-6 different hierarchical access levels to which we can order registered users
  • Means users can register with a double opt in process and after manual proofing of their access level, through maybe a sales person, they would have access via login site. The princip is they are surfing through the site after login and see more content than the public users
  • in convenient solutions later they can edit and change their data, also
  • CMS editors can edit, filter and export this data for other needs, like maybe newsletters
  • And for sure, as we already give this users access to downloadable material, we also have clients, which are using this also for pages or whole folders, like discussed here.

Until now this is coded individually by developers for our clients and I know this is much work to handle all this session stuff over a whole site for this developers, we hired, what is leading to high prices at least for the basic solution and for all further changes and additions as well. So I hope we can someday bring such sites also to Webflow, where it will be much easier, like with all the other great stuff, what Webflow is already offering.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes