Password protection for individual pages and folders

Hi, i’m currently on a professional plan. Password protection for the entire site seems to be possible, but is password protection for a subpage possible? E.g. for the current site i’m building there should be one section where only people with access are allowed? Can this be done?

• Yes, I really need this feature!
  • No, I feel that this is not as important as other items on the wishlist.

0 voters

22 Likes

Yeah would be nice. Sometimes a client wants a live example of a new page template / landingpage and this would be a fast and easy way to do that.

I would recommend duplicating your site and applying a password protect on it.

Hmm ok. So lets say i have site called testpage.com. I have two subpages testpage.com/one and testpage.com/two. Now i would like to have subpage /two to be protected with a password. Can i somehow manage that with duplicating my site testpage.com? How should the linking go then…? Thanks!

1 Like

…Agree, +1

Also agree, +1. Would like to password protect a subfolder.

2 Likes

I need help password protecting a page for a website I’m designing. I need something that isn’t easy to get around (if you already know the domain name, etc.) and something that won’t show the password in the source code.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, we really need to be able to passord protect subfolders. Please…

2 Likes

I’d like to see individual passwords on sites. Especially a way for clients to access.

4 Likes

This feature has already been implemented into the Webflow platform:

http://help.webflow.com/site-settings/hosting#set-username-and-password

Figured I’d also hop on. It would definitely be useful to password-protect individual pages (the same way everyone sees the Webflow home page, but I have to log in to get to the account page).

At this point, if I understand it correctly, we’d need to export the site off Webflow and host it elsewhere, right?

4 Likes

+1 I’m not a web designer, but a photographer. Webflow is allowing my to create my own site completely free of restrictions. However, I do need to host client galleries and it’s exceptionally useful to have these pages individually password protected.

2 Likes

We’ve been talking about a page. Not password protecting the ENTIRE site. Can this feature be implemented?

2 Likes

The team is aware of community’s need for this feature, but we do not yet have an ETA.

1 Like

Also like to add us as wanting this feature please.

1 Like

Will there be a built in CMS in the near future including the ability to manage usernames and passwords that we can assign to users or have people sign up for and get approved?

3 Likes

Amen…This would be awesome…

1 Like

+1,000,000

Passwording individual pages and directories would make the Webflow Premium membership worthwhile to me. Until then, I’m cheaping out.

Love the product though.

1 Like

yes i agree, password protected pages would be great.

1 Like