Password protection for individual pages and folders

this helps to protect the sources from external factors which causes problem

How does this work? I can’t see any options for it.

Wait what?!? I need this feature right now. Is this live?!

Sorry Lindsay, we’re getting close to sharing a beta with users. It’s not live currently.

4 Likes

@brryant +1 and some input …

As I’m having experiences with several passwort protected sites, which we did with another technology and I hope to do this type of sites someday with Webflow, today I will give you some input from my actual feature set for some clients.

• All of my clients in the B2B area need stuff to download. Like brochures, pictures, manuals, etc.
  • Some of them also want to have some things public and some things not, eg. g. we let some not confidential stuff like brochures, low res pictures, end user documentations of products public
  • For other stuff there is the need for registered clients, or partners, sales people or internal departments to have a quick access to special stuff, like highres images, internal documentations, configuration manuals, etc.
  • This means for us most times about 4-6 different hierarchical access levels to which we can order registered users
  • Means users can register with a double opt in process and after manual proofing of their access level, through maybe a sales person, they would have access via login site. The princip is they are surfing through the site after login and see more content than the public users
  • in convenient solutions later they can edit and change their data, also
  • CMS editors can edit, filter and export this data for other needs, like maybe newsletters
  • And for sure, as we already give this users access to downloadable material, we also have clients, which are using this also for pages or whole folders, like discussed here.

Until now this is coded individually by developers for our clients and I know this is much work to handle all this session stuff over a whole site for this developers, we hired, what is leading to high prices at least for the basic solution and for all further changes and additions as well. So I hope we can someday bring such sites also to Webflow, where it will be much easier, like with all the other great stuff, what Webflow is already offering.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and input! This is really helpful.

Any update where the webflow team is with this feature @brryant ? thxs

2 Likes

Oh, no! This feature is missing too? As the more I’m digging deeper into Webflow, the more reasons I discover not to commit to it. It seems great from a designing and set-up perspective. But then some basic things like password protecting a page is missing.

@spirelli They should have per-page password protection starting Dec 19th with the updates Webflow is doing.

3 Likes

Thanks @pupinko, this is EXACTLY what I need too. Roll on Dec 19th and beyond! And thanks to the Webflow team for listening to the user community and taking action, you guys rock.

Will member log in system be ready on the 19th Dec? If not when will such a system be ready? I will need to stay with wordpress until then

Hi @drd, no a member login system is not part of this next release. The feature being released is updated “site” and “per page” password protection.

I cannot give you a timeline yet for member login feature, but a lot of the platform improvements in this next release pave the way for more features like this to be added :slight_smile:

Stay tuned at the wish list here: Creating a Membership Login site with payment options - #2 by Revolution

I will be cheering together with you when support for that is added :slight_smile:

Coming December 19! Per an email from Vlad

1 Like

Hi everyone! We released static page and folder password protection. It’s available for projects with hosting. Check it out:

We’re not at the point yet to make it available for CMS/collection pages, but we hope that you’ll still find this feature very useful. Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

3 Likes

Great implementation! Would it be technically possible to have multiple passwords to the same content (pages and folders)?

1 Like

Can you explain your use case a little more? Are you trying to give different users different passwords?

Yes! To give different users different passwords would be nice. Take a look at this (http://isamfunnet.webflow.io http://isamfunnet.webflow.io/) educational webside I made using webflow. I now have implemented the login system, and I gotta say it works freekin` awesome. The content is in Norwegian! Password = velferd

Thanx

1 Like

Hi @torkjell
Yes, I second that. Giving different users unique logins/passwords, even if it is for the same content would be great! Would this be a possibility going forward? @thesergie

I second the ‘different passwords for different users’ feature as well.