Password protected page not linked properly

Hi guys,

i hope you are well. Quick question. I am new to webflow and i would like to lock the website until is done. I have used a wide site password and then customised the password-protected page. Unfortunately, when u visit the actual URL it doesn’t display the password-protected page instead its just a page with a lock.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Stelios

Hey there! Hope you are doing well too :webflow_heart:

Normally, the under the padlock there also should be a input field for the password. Can you provide screenshots or a read-only link for your project?

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. i really appreciate it. Please see link below:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/europa-suites?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=europa-suites&preview=62064b15dbdb30975241b1ef2723097e&mode=preview

many thanks,
Stelios

I’m not sure if this is related, there’s another topic going with many complaints that the password feature is currently bugged / having issues with custom styling.

In the designer it looks fine, can you share the published link with me? The designer does not ask for the password when previewing and europa-suites.webflow.io seems not to be online?

thanks again for the prompt reply.

https://www.europasuitesaparthotel.com/

this is the actual site. and yes on the designer it looks fine

I see! This might be very well related to the (assumed) ongoing bug since today (see topic linked above) where custom styling on the password page is ignored.
You can track that topic for updates or contact WF directly or check the status of WF

I hope this will be fixed soon (if it is a bug)

Hello!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

Thanks so much for reporting this issue! An internal monitoring tool was implemented incorrectly. This incorrect implementation caused an error in the custom password page loading causing it to fall back to the default webflow password page.

This combined with it happening as we led into a weekend led to a longer wait time than normal to resolve issues like this.

This should now be fixed and should be working as expected. If you’re still experiencing any problems with the password page, please let me know and I’ll do my best to assist you. :webflow_heart:

2 Likes