Page looks different in Preview

Hello,

I am not very experienced and have been muddling along trying to make my site look great and respond the way I want. When playing with one page, I noticed that my contact page became distorted, and now I don’t know how to fix it.

I can change the height and width so that it looks correct (the form) but then when I hit preview, it just goes back to being distorted…

The page I worked on yesterday that (I think) caused the contact page to lose its shape is not yet linked, so I don’t know if you will be able to look at it? Again I am new so I’m not sure how all of this works yet.

I’ve also noticed that my ‘clients’ section lost its shape (the last one in the list is out of place)… I would suspect that the two are related.

Thank you so much for your help!

Here is my public share link: LINK
([how to access public share link][2])

Hi,

With the contact page, are you wanting the map under or beside the form?

Cheers

I want it beside (basically how it was by default)… This is what it looks like now:

Hi,

This seems to do the trick.

1/ Select the table called “row2”.

2/ Put in a top margin. “20” seems to work nicely (See below image)

Hopefully that helps :smile:

THANK YOU! I played with it a lot and couldnt fix it… I will try to make the map even with the top of the form… wish me me luck!

You’re welcome.

To fix the map. Click on the map and give it a padding of “45”

Were you still having troubles with a client page? If so which one?

Yes, thank you. It is a section that appears on two pages, but for some reason one of the logos moved and I don’t know how to fix it. I am afraid to affect other parts of the site =/

one on my home page

It’s because that last logo isn’t inside a link block.

1/ Insert a link block beside the second last image

2/ Click on the image you want moved. Then click and drag it into the new link box.

Problem solved :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your help! Any idea why this link block just disappeared? It was fine and then it wasn’t.

You’re very welcome. Not sure as to why it went. It might have been that you accidentally deleted it - I have done that before. One thing that I have found when I have odd problems is to check the navigator.

Click on the element/object you want to look at and the click the navigator part (See below)

You notice how there are all “link blocks”. When your image wasn’t working it just had “image” showing without a “link block”. So I always check the navigator now when I have an issue and make sure there isn’t something that sticks out there.

The main thing is that it’s working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey again, I seem to be having a similar sort of problem on my Life at Tootelo page. The header and subheader moved way to the right for seemingly no reason … :frowning:

Hi,

Have you sorted this out as it seems to look good when I look at the “Life at Tootelo” page. If not can you do a screenshot with some more details please.

Cheers

That’s weird, I didn’t do anything and it went back to normal…

And now its back to how it was! Definitely something wrong with the coding, or a glitch because I didnt touch it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.