No audio player functionality?

I’m a little astonished that this doesn’t exist yet… Look’s like it’s been a requested feature since early 2017 with a fair number of votes on it.

How far away are we from this? With everything Webflow can already do surely this can’t be that hard to implement?

I think this issue that comes up often is related to the restriction of uploading custom asset types directly. Webflow does not provide free CDN storage for unlimited file types. However, you can easily integrate audio if you use a third-party host or CDN to store the files.

HTML5 supports native playback of sound files with each browser, including support for different codecs. So in Webflow’s defense, why try to build something that already exists? In a rich text field, you can easily add media items.

Often missed is Webflow’s media embed functionality in RTE’s.

Block below is from “Rich text element overview - Webflow University Documentation
--------------snippet ----------------

Add images, videos, and rich media
All media elements in the RTE are responsive and will respect the aspect ratio of the content. YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion video support has been enhanced to allow custom start times. Here’s a list of some of the supported rich media types:

• YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Instagram post
  • Facebook post
  • DailyMotion
  • Kickstarter
  • TED
  • Wistia
  • Livestream
  • Twitch
  • Hulu
  • Imgur albums
  • Google maps
  • JSFiddle
  • Codepen
  • Scribd
  • SlideShare
  • Spotify playlists and charts
  • Giphy
  • SoundCloud
  • And others…
    -------------- end snippet ----------------

For feature suggestions, the recommended method is to check the wishlist and vote for an existing feature or create a new wishlist item — best way to bring something to the forefront.

For completeness, media embeds in rich text elements are being rendered / powered by embed.ly at this time. So the list of providers you can embed is huge. Here are the current ones supported by them.

Since an embed.ly account starts at $9 a month, this is a real benefit to Webflow customers.

Cheers Webdev,

I’ll have to give this a thorough look at, it looks quite complicated but given enough time I should be able to wrap my head around it.

We just released a robust audio player solution for webflow. You can view it here: https://trueaudioplayer.webflow.io/