New feature: Sell multiple variants of the same product

OH GOD. derp di derp. I didn’t see it. So sorry and thank you for pointing it out. @brjohnson

This may be a bit too much to ask, but is it possible to allow us to reorder the variants after we’ve entered them in? Sometimes it’s difficult for clients to enter in the base model or lowest price item at the top and the more expensive or oddball variants afterwards in the line up.
I know this isn’t really a function of the text input control you’re using for entering variant names? What it’s currently using is more like adding rename-able classes, isn’t it? …not resortable types.

2 Likes

Will one always be only able to create up to 3 option sets per product, with a limit of up to 50 variants total? Thanks

For the time being, yes. If some of your projects require additional variants, please reach out (DM me on the forum is fine) and let us know about your use case so we can round out research on the product side.

Thanks!

I asked before, but didn’t get any answer…
… how to change or remove word “select” from variants drop down menu ?
It looks ridiculous when we create store in other language than english.

Rafal

1 Like

Hi @rzachara - sorry for missing your earlier question. Unfortunately there’s no option to customize that text at the moment - but we’re looking into a fix for that. Sorry about that!

Hello! We are need to add product with 2 options: glass color (25 variants) and frame color (20 variants). What should we do? This is critical issue for us. Is it possible to increase the number of options for a single instance of the site?

I can’t see how to add options
" Now you can sell overpriced t-shirts in multiple colors and sizes.
Just open the detail view for your products in the Designer or Editor, then create a new option set for each dimension that product has."

@Faisal_Ram the Options creation section is at the bottom of your product details panel, below Measurements and Inventory

Unfortunately not at the moment - but we will keep this example in mind as we research the demand for a larger number of variants.

2 Likes

Another example that will exhaust the 50 product variants pretty fast are shoes or anything footwear related.

Currently facing the problem that we need to cover over 11 sizes ranging from EU 35-46, with different color and material options for our products.

@brjohnson any update on when the limit of 50 product variants will be removed or at least upped to 100?

2 Likes

Hi, I have a use case where I need to remove variant combination. Is this possible?
I’m selling a chair with Rattan colour and Cushion type variants.
There are 2 Rattan colour: Bleached and Walnut.
But some cushions available on Bleached are not available on Walnut.
e.g.: There is a Bleached Rattan with Red cushion option. But there isn’t a Walnut Rattan with Red cushion option.

How might I do this? thanks.

1 Like

I saw that you added the “Add to Cart” function to collection lists a while back, which is great. I am also wondering if it is possible to show variants within a collection list (not on a product page)? I would like to build something that resembles a restaurant menu so that customers don’t have to click to go to a product page to buy the items.

Yes it works fine. Habe built a resturant app already

1 Like

@JanneWassberg @brjohnson I just upgraded to Ecommerce and it’s great to see that this works. Now I have a new problem: I want products to show up only on collection template pages where the category is applicable. There is a CMS collection list for restaurants, and only that restaurant’s products should show up there. Usually I can do something like that with a collection list filter but that isn’t working right this time. Is there a workaround?

@bgschust Im in my car now for à long drive. Take à look at this and se If it can help you. The site is in service mode but everything is working

Https://www.1hus2man.se

That looks good @JanneWassberg . It’s similar to what I want to do except I’d like to have a bunch of those menus on different pages within the same website for each vendor in my CMS. I might need a custom Javascript code to do that… maybe @brjohnson knows how to get that going.

I figured out my issue @JanneWassberg @brjohnson. I had to create a product field that referenced the restaurant CMS list (not a new product category), and then I was able to set the filter to only show products for the current restaurant CMS page.

1 Like

weird how your valid and useful question just gets overlooked…

2 Likes

I really wish you could add more than 50 variants. I’m just curious as to why there is a limitation in the first place?

Another example here: I’m currently building a site for bakery out of Atlanta and they make high end cakes for big events and weddings. They sell some of their products online, but you can choose from tons of different cake flavors, cake fillings, icings, and custom writing on the cakes, but I can’t even add the sizes combined with the basic flavors they have :frowning: