Need help with page speed

hey guys, I try for weeks to speed up our website (alohacreativos.com) but still can’t make it pass the medium optimization on google page speed (also in Pingdom I can’t get more than 78)

if you have some more ideas, I will love you forever

1 Like

Some of the methods to increase the page loading speed includes:

1. Optimize images.
    The images should be optimized in such a way without reducing the quality to increase the page speed.
    2.Defer the JavaScript loading
    3.Run a compression audit
    4.Enable compression

Virtual Personal Assistant for SEO

can’t defer the javascript, webflow hosting

compress already enable, same as image compression (webflow do that for us)

any more suggestion for webflow hosting website?

Google fonts issue

You use a lot of fonts (Entire Montserrat family (Huge)):

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:100,100italic,200,200italic,300,300italic,400,400italic,500,500italic,600,600italic,700,700italic,800,800italic,900,900italic%7CMontserrat+Alternates:100,100italic,200,200italic,300,300italic,regular,italic,500,500italic,600,600italic,700,700italic,800,800italic,900,900italic

Maybe this issue related (open-sans / another google font):

EXAMPLE:

In your case its like going to google fonts → Montserrat → customize - and select all (You get red alert Load Time: Slow).

I have tried the same thing, by changing the font uses and it is effective for the page speed,…
Must try it…

Hello, webflow community!

I’ve got problems with page loading speed optimisation too.
Let’s solve problems one by one starting with “defer offscreen images”. What should I do to handle this? All minifying functions are enabled in webflow and cloudflare which I’m using for SSL and DNS redirects.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Can you solve this problem ?
I’m also stuck at this problem.

Feel free to open a new topic and share a bit more information so we can try to help out @imbalar

1. “defer offscreen images” how can handle this?
  2. How can i use .webp image for fastest load?

All Advanced Publishing Options are enable in webflow.

Defer offscreen images means using lazy-loading the images, that means they aren’t loaded until they are scrolled into view. See how that’s possible but a big pain here Custom code for CMS lazy load images - #6 by webdev. Next-gen formats are similar to the previous one. You need to embed them using custom code. Kinda not worth the bother at the moment. Google suggests things that would help but aren’t easily implemented yet.
I’d focus on the one below ‘properly size images’, that easy to do :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Or your can use the following technique for lazy loading:

https://wf-images.webflow.io/lazy/lazy-sizes-no-script

2 Likes

When I download the 3 weights of Montserrat to upload them as a custom font, the file size is the same as what gets loaded with the standard WF google font solution (782.9 KB) I guess that is not really a solution? Or am I doing it wrong?