Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Missing sections & Navbar on publish


I am seeing what I think is some odd behaviour when I publish my site. The published site looks nothing like the preview and on the home page for example the top half or so is missing.
I though that I had accidentally done something which resulted in these sections + nav bar not being visible but I have even added 4 new “test” sections with a new class name and the 2 at the top of the page do not appear but the 2 at the bottom do appear.

The cut off seems to be more or less around the “What makes us special” section and I have no idea why.

I am getting close to finishing after what seems like forever and this has now stopped me in my tracks.

Please can someone take a look and see what it might be as I am at a total loss.

Many thanks in advance

Read Only:

Published Site:

No matter how many corrections I can suggest, I can’t know if they will work on your published site because I can’t test it like you can. But I did notice you have an area set as “non-visible”.

Thanks for the feedback. As its a popup I think this should be hidden initially and would not expect that to affect completely independent elements. However in order to remove that as a possibility I have been through and deleted a ton of pages (as this started as a template) and made sure nothing is set to hidden but its still messed up.

Its a bit odd as I can not think why the 4 brand new test sections called XXXdeletesection (copied and pasted) would be treated inconstantly as they are set to visible and share the same parent. The only difference is how far down they appear on the page.
The two in the bottom half of the page appear OK and the two in the top half do not even though all 4 make into the HTML. When i move the top two to the bottom half of the page they suddenly appear so I think something weird is happening.

I am not a web dev so hard to know for sure but when validating the HTML online it finds a number of issues such as a stray tags /a (There is a total of 11 of these) and /div (a total of 105).

I would expect these to be even numbers if open and closed correctly but not sure if this is a red herring or not.

Well this is embarrassing…

After some more digging into the HTML file I found it was down to custom head code which was being embedded in the middle of the page. Anything above it was not visible so I guess it was not read as valid HTML.

Upon closer inspection I can see that during copy and paste from the current site I had missed the end tag on the script below which blew the whole thing out.

<script type='application/ld+json'>
    "@context": "",
    "@type": "Product",
    "name": "Spanish Lessons",
    "aggregateRating": {
        "@type": "AggregateRating",
        "ratingValue": "4.9",
        "ratingCount": "130",
        "reviewCount": "130"

Apologies if I wasted anyone’s time. This can be closed as a non issue/user error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.