Membership site workaround?

Is there a way to make a membership site? Like making a daily/monthly/annual access to content or options for users?
I’ve used firebase and firebaseUI for web to make users in the site.
I know webflow dosent have that option built in but what’s the work around?

Hi @Yofiel_Levi

@jasondark and @daley.maasz are working on something right now:

Also @mistercreate is looking at integrating Knack:

In terms of handling payments for subscriptions - @foxy and @paywithplasso are active here on the forums to answer queries on that side of things…

Hope that helps…

4 Likes

Yes I already have a user auth through firebase, how do I handle subscriptions in terms of payment and making sure that whoever isnt on one dosent have access to things that are premium only?

Hey @Yofiel_Levi,

With Plasso, you have a few options.

1. You can use Plasso embeds to handle the subscription payment and use our Webhooks to verify a current user in your database to verify if that user is a Premium Member or not. You would just have to design/describe it to where the user uses the same email to login as they do to make the purchase…

2. You can replace Firebase with Flexkit. With some custom JS and help from @aaronocampo, you can use us to store all data for you. This would allow you to design your own payment/sign-up/log-in forms and authenticate members through our token and event types. You can also design your own member dashboard and enable your subscribers to make changes to their subscription, change their name, email and password, update their card info.

3. You can use a combination of both Flexkit and our Prebuilt Embeds like we did here :point_down:. If you sign up for the Flexkit “Hire-a-Designer” plan (it’s on Test Mode by the way so use any Card Number you like), you’ll see that you’re forwarded to a splash page/members page. From here, you can click on the Member icon in the Nav Bar and the prebuilt embedded Cart slides out with your info displayed. Take note of the token in the URL :slightly_smiling_face:.

**We didn’t use JS on that splash page to hide/show content based on the presence of the token. If interested, you can reach out to @aaronocampo in the forum and he can showcase his projects.

plasso.webflow.io/flexkit

Let us know if you need help or have questions!

PS: You can take a peek at the Flexkit integration on our Cloneable template here.

3 Likes

Too awesome! Thanks for the mention, Stu! Definitely appreciate it! :bowing_man:

I’m super geeked to share the course that I’ve been working on. I’m going to put a release date on it soon and share it.

Would it be okay if I reached out to you to test out the material when it’s ready?

Absolutely @mistercreate - happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey all! I’m looking at doing this at the moment, LOVED Plasso, but read that they’re closing the service after merging with GoDaddy.

Is there a similar solution out there that’s as polished and easy to use?

Hi @JamesDaly.
We’re actually working on a membership feature that will work with Webflow sites. Mind DMing your specific needs and timeline? We’d love to help.

Thanks,
Josh

3 Likes

I’m looking to build a membership site for a client where subscribers pay to get some special features and access to certain sections, can this be done with webflow?

1 Like

@Sebastian_Lecona, at this time Webflow does not have an internal solution. However, members within the community have written articles related to just this.

Here’s one using AuthPro as the secure tool: Authpro + Webflow to create a Membership portal/protected pages

Here is another one called MemberStack: Memberstack - Free and Paid User Accounts for Webflow

@mistercreate is working on another service with Knack integration. Check out his site here: https://createsomething.io

There are others within the forum here, but those are my recommendations.

3 Likes

thanks! you are awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @QA_Brandon!

MemberStack lets you add members-only areas and recurring payments to a Webflow site in about 15 minutes.

@Sebastian_Lecona Feel free to message @belltyler or me directly for more info. We have a pretty big waitlist right now, but we’re adding new sites to the platform every day.

3 Likes

Can I please be added to the list - need to play / test to quote on a few sites.

Regards
Mark

1 Like

Hi @TagzartDesign! Thanks for reaching out. I just sent you an email :+1:

Hey - in case you still need help, here’s a new template you can clone to get started. It’s using a 3rd party called MemberSpace. We have true server-side content protection and almost any feature you can think of for a membership site :slight_smile:

If you have any questions feel free to DM me :+1:

1 Like