Logic flow works in testing but no on published site

I have two logic flows from Webflow to ClickUp (to create a new task).

They work in an identical way with the same API Key and JSON structure.
The only difference is the list ID being used and the custom field IDs.

When I test in Webflow both flows work perfectly and create tasks in ClickUp.

When I stage for publishing and publish (to my webflow.io domain for testing) the results are:

• Form 1 submits successfully, form data is saved in Webflow, and task is created in ClickUp
  • Form 2 submits successfully, form data is saved in Webflow, but task is not created in ClickUp

Again both work when tested in Webflow. I cannot identify what is different between the forms or if there is something I should do to “trigger” an invisible update to the published form and/or flow that is blocking this.

Any help appreciated.
Any ideas @memetican ?

Thanks team.

The limitations on testing and debugging Logic flows are one of the main reasons I’m currently not using them in projects. I’d recommend you look at something with deeper visibility and more extensive logging, like Make or even Zapier. It will be easier to identify.

1 Like

Thank you.

So basically the logic flows in Webflow are not reliable and therefore it’s not a good idea to use them.

Reliability is a factor. Capability is another. Visibility into their operation and history for performance and debugging is a 3rd.

It’s a great idea with an excellent execution but unfortunately the module had to be abandoned around May last year when Webflow had to re-prioritize internal resources to projects that needed them more urgently, like localization I’d assume.

I’m hopeful the team will pick this up again and take it across the finish line, they had some phenomenal ideas that went far beyond back-end-process-automation.

Appreciate you elaborating on that.
Seems like they should flag that this feature is “half-baked” so to speak.

I have it working and actually found the only thing causing a task not to be created in ClickUp is when a form field has line breaks. The JSON being sent (as shown in history) is correct and uses /n for new lines but ClickUp won’t create any tasks when this field has line breaks. The destination field is a long text field. So possibly how the ClickUp API is interpreting the JSON.

I’ll use Make from now I, thanks again.