Links in Preview Mode always broken: "This is not the page you were looking for..."

I’m not sure if Webflow pushed some kind of update over the past few days, or what has changed, but now all of my links are broken on my website. If I go into Preview Mode and test a button, it takes me to the black 404 page that reads “This is not the page you were looking for…”

It’s very frustrating, and I have to completely close the tab and reload Webflow entirely.

Nothing has changed on my end since beginning the project: Still using Chrome, no extensions, no updates. Tried this in Incognito browser and still same problem.

1 Like

@troyANFT this definitely sounds like a bug. I’m having trouble reproducing this on my end in any of my sites though.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

Thanks in advance! :man_bowing:

Here is the read-only:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/forestinternational?preview=49e24f553871fe0f7dc86e3b8a2eac45

The problem occurs only on that site (my own), and I’m using Chrome 66 on Windows 10. The link you provided says I’m all up-to-date.

Hi @troyANFT,

Thanks for sharing that extra info — We’ve done some testing on Chrome with both Mac and Windows with your site and it appears all links are working as expected. I recorded a quick GIF showing the behavior I see on this end.

Are you seeing different behavior? Or is there a specific page/section where you are seeing this issue? Any screenshots or screen recordings are very helpful (I used CloudApp in the above GIF).

​Thanks in advance!

Hi Brando,

Yes, any time I check my own links in Preview mode, it takes me to 404 pages. It’s true across all links, and it happens about 80% of the time. When I restart the computer it goes away for a while, but then comes back.

@troyANFT

Thanks for the update.

Can you please try the following:

A screen recording showing this behavior is also very helpful in getting this resolved for you.

​Thanks in advance!

Hi Brando,

As I mentioned in my original post, I tried reproducing the issue in Incognito Mode, and it still occurs. I will take a screenshot when it happens again and upload it here for your review!

1 Like

Hi @troyANFT

Thanks again for posting about this. We did find an issue yesterday that was affecting hyperlinks within a text element (example). With this issue any of these inline hyperlinks would redirect to a 404 within the Designer.

It sounds like this was the same behavior you were experiencing. We have since pushed a fix for this and you shouldn’t see the behavior anymore.

If you do run into the issue, please let us know and we’d be happy to investigate right away. :bowing_man:

Thanks! Good customer service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.