Links highlighted blue after hover out

Hi, I’ve got a problem with all my Navbar links - they turn blue after I click on them and then hover out. It lets me know that I’m on the section related to that link. It’s a good feature but I can’t find that settingg - I’d love to know where it came from and how I can edit it. Thank you in advance!
Ula

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi Ula! This is likely the setting you’re looking for. Select your link and click the little dropdown arrow to change the state you’re styling.

If this doesn’t solve your issue, please update your post and provide a read-only link to your Webflow project so we can take a look. Instructions are here. Thanks!

Hi Chris, thank you for your reply. I’ve tried that over and over again but it doesn’t work. Maybe because I’m using the Navbar template. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious there.

Thanks again.

Thank you Ula! I do see the issue, and it’s easily solved. What’s happening here is that when you are on a page or section that a link ties to, there is another state called “Current” that only appears in the editor when you are on that page or section. However, it does appear that while the Current state functions properly for sections, it does not appear in the editor like it should. So, here’s what I did to solve this:

Select one of your links and change it to simply link to your home page. Because all of these links are the same class, whatever changes you make should impact the rest of them. Once you change the link to the home page, you should notice in the class selector the Current class appears.

Now, just scroll down and change the text color to whatever you’d like these to appear as. I did notice that the blue color is not defined here, which is doubly strange, but either way, as soon as I defined (or, I guess in this case, redefined) this color, the blue is gone, and the links work as expected.

After you’ve updated the styling to your liking, you can simply change the link back to the section and you should be all set. Let me know if this works or if there are any further issues.

Thank you so much Chris, that worked! You’re right it’a a simple solution but I’d have never figured that out. Thank you again.
All the best,
Ula

1 Like

Yay! Glad to hear it! Happy to help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.