Line breaks not rendering in Paragraph or Header element when bound to multi-line text field

Hi,
I’m not able to create line breaks in editor for a header tag or paragraph. In collection template these are set as multiline plain texfields. I’m able to create line breaks backend in the collection item, but they are not showing up frontend or in editor. This works fine on none collection pages.

-b

Hi @biodust, I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the line breaks. I would like to understand better the issue, would it be possible for you to share the read-only link to the site, the page where the issue is happening, and if possible, a screenshot of the element that needs the line break in the designer?

Take a look at the posting guidelines: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Also, could you please share the exact browser version being used and the operating system being used?

Thanks in advance!

@cyberdave thanks for looking into it.
It’s the H3 tag here I’m referring to. Paragraph below had also same issue but changed it to rich text. Would really like to able to change it back to only paragraph.

Read only link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/key-learning?preview=61b891353a2dd5dea8885feebca8ac8f

-b

@cyberdave still waiting for a reply on this thread.

-b

Hi, are you please able to have a look at this? When IT comes to browser version I`m u-sving chrome on Mac. Latest version. Clinton is u-sving Edge.

-b

Hi @biodust, thanks for the bump on this. I have done checking and have been able to reproduce this behavior, it seems the multi-line is not working on the paragraph and header elements.

The issue has been reported to the dev team and as soon as I have an update, I will inform immediately.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing this issue solved.

Hello,

Just as a note, if there was a way to set the “white-space” css property to “pre” it includes line breaks as expected. As far as I know this property isn’t available in the editor (yet?), but should be possible to fix with some custom code.

Edit:

Just confirmed this to be working for me (put it in the head custom code):

<style>
p.myclass{
	white-space:pre;
}
</style>

Doesn’t show up in the designer, but as soon as you publish and preview it, it works as expected.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @marza
I tested it, and unfortunately it did not work…then only thing that happened was that text didn’t break within the the h3 and got pushed outside the h3 bounding box.

Ah, that’s too bad, I didn’t test it for h-elements, only a p tag…

No worries. Let’s hope the Webflow team are able to solve the bug.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.