Issue with Password Protection

We have a site that’s password-protected. Previously, if you tried to access any page on the site that wasn’t the index before entering the password, the password page would show, then you could enter the password and be shown the linked page.

Now, the site says incorrect password if it’s entered on any URL that is not the root index.

Did something change?

1 Like

I have the exact same problem ;-( Does anyone know more about this or how to solve it?

2 Likes

Hey @DeptOfDesign and @JakobPindstrup!

Thanks for reaching out with this issue! I’m having hard time reproducing this, so I wonder if you could post your read-only links (Share a read-only link | Webflow University) we could look into site structure. Also details like which page is unaccessible in which condition.

If you’re not comfortable sharing those links on the forums, please feel free to contact us directly at Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University.

Cheers,
Bart

1 Like

I’m also having this issue potentially. I have a collection which is protected via a password, and recently all password attempts come up incorrect even though it’s the right password, regardless of which page within that collection I try to access.

1 Like

Yes, this problem is very strange. I have tried to move from ‘whole page password protection’ to only use password protection on specific collection folders but I’m still having the exact same problem.

I have sent the read-only-link to the Webflow Support Team (because there is some customer information on the page that cannot be shared :-))

Hope so much that we can find the problem causing this very soon! :slight_smile:

I can also see that more users have the same problem: Feedback: Password protect CMS collection pages - #4 by j_hardy

The problem seems to only occur for password protection of CMS collection pages.

Hi Bart. I can see from other users and by my own investigation that this issue only occurs for password protection on CMS collection pages. I hope this can help for finding the problem :slight_smile:

Sorry, my earlier message wasn’t a reply to you @bart. Here’s the read-only link: Webflow - Lamar Email Gallery

Yes, same problem here.
I send out a mail on 6Th of august and this is the answer:

I wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We are hoping to have a fix for this soon, and I’ll reach out with more details when we have an update.

So lets hope for a quick solution

1 Like

@Jan_Crispyn Thanks for the update.

Hi Bart. Is there any news or update on this issue?

I know that you all have a lot of things to look into - but I hope so much that the team can find time for this issue. It is a very crucial problem for how we have build our business using Webflow (because we have specific dashboards and more for each of our customers, and this is build using Collections and with password protection) :slight_smile:

Just want to kindly follow up on this and wish you a very good day :wink:

Best,
Jakob

Hi @JakobPindstrup @DeptOfDesign @Jan_Crispyn @ncw92

​Thank you all again for posting about this and for your patience.

Our team was able to push a fix for this issue and passwords on collection pages should be working as expected now :tada:

​Please let us know if this solves the problem :bowing_man:

1 Like

Thanks, @Brando! Everything’s good on my end now.

Thanks for the swift fix, everything appears to be working normal for me too.

Thank you so much!!! Really fantastic and everything is working great here! :slight_smile:

Works good again. Thank’s :+1:

The issue persist but has a different outcome:

On all pages (including the index):

After 24 hours of coming back to the website (has happend 3 days in a row),
the password page says incorrect password when i copied and pasted it in exactly.

To reset after 24 hrs, I am assuming it’s saving the updated password in your back end server side cookies (user sessions), but not updating the actual permanent information.

Even wrote it out afterwards to see if it was my clipboard not pasting.
The URL keeps returning a query param as /?e=1

The only trick way to bandaid this is on our end is every day going back into the settings of the project and re-pasting the password again, publishing changes, then refreshing the url of the password protected page.

Please fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.