How to Place Solid Colour over CMS post sourced image

Hi all,
I’m wondering How to Place Solid Colour over CMS post sourced images which for this instance I’m using as hero images for my media ‘categories template’ pages. I need to add some darkness over top to add some contrast from text.

Thanks for your help!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi there, as I was helping others with similar question to yours I made this demo site. It has an link overlay and IX1 text interaction. have a look and see if what I’ve done helps you.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cms-grid-demo?preview=299eea56d1f020fbf74d3ca1f22f16c8

Also on the CMS post, are you wanting the ‘overlay’ on the - image, text or what? If it’s just the image you can do overlays in the css styles panel easily here:

Thanks for the response @jorn … what I had to do was create a new Div Block over top of the section, then I was able to make it’s non-hover class fill colour.

1 Like

@TJwebflow

Bookmark this too Create an animated text overlay on an image on hover | Webflow Blog

thanks @nwdsha for your help… Though not quite what I was trying to do. Was trying to make a sourced from CMS post image as hero able to have a non-hover state overlay. As I said in my last comment, In order to do it I had to create a new Div Block over top of the section, then I was able to make it’s non-hover class fill colour.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.