How to display data of my WebFlow CMS into a select field form?

Hello guys, Is there any way to use data of my CMS in a form select field?
I searched a lot and probably I will need to use embeded code.
Thanks

3 Likes

You already know the answer then haha. Jokes apart,Iā€™m pretty sure that thereā€™s not a native way to achieve what youā€™re going after natively, meaning that you will need to embeds

1 Like

made a video for your @Victor_Mattoso :slight_smile:

14 Likes

thx a lot pixelgeek! do you also have a solution for saving collection items you like in a tempory file/cookie : look to this postā€¦ what is the extern code? look to my post and website https://www.openmonumentendag.be/
for an exampleā€¦ I should like to make a pizzas-I-like possiblity for a webshop.

thanks a lot to make this possible
Karel

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!
You really helped me out!

1 Like

I want do something complicate:
I have staffs under each gallery. i need people be able to send form who they meet. So I need them select the gallery, then select the staff under it. I did a graph but not sure where to fill in the value. I am not a programmer, but Is there a manual i can study?

it would help a lot if you shared the code on this page/the video @PixelGeek, but thanks anyhow!

This is amazing @PixelGeek :slight_smile:

I have a country list, with 250 countries. Is it possible to work around the limit of 100 items pr page? And is it possible to have different Text and Value?

Ruben

Great video! @PixelGeek
I would like the option value to get the value from one CMS field and get the option name from another CMS field. Both the name and value are in the same CMS item.

Example: Name: City, Value:ā€œ60017a1484ac3f6d53bed535ā€

Is there a way to get this to work with a multi-select drop down?

I would like the same! Do you have the answer on this?

Cheers

<script>

$(ā€˜.select-itemā€™).each(function(){
var s = $(this).text();
$(ā€˜.select-fieldā€™).append(ā€˜ā€™+s+ā€˜ā€™);
})

1 Like

Hey @PixelGeek thanks a lot for the great vid! You really helped me out :slight_smile:
Iā€™m trying to get multiple CMS text fields to show up in the select field.
Can that be done? I figured Iā€™d just copy the function for each CMS field, but it didnā€™t work out.
Hereā€™s what I tried (i removed the open and close characters so it shows up as text):

script>

$(ā€˜.nomā€™).each(function(){
var n = $(this).text();
$(ā€˜.select-fieldā€™).append
$(ā€˜.deputationā€™).each(function(){
var d = $(this).text();
$(ā€˜.posteā€™).each(function(){
var p = $(this).text();
$(ā€˜.partiā€™).each(function(){
var a = $(this).text();
(ā€˜ā€™+n+, +d+, +p+, +a+ā€˜ā€™);
})

</script

Unsurprisingly, it didnā€™t work out (looks like I canā€™t guess-code after all XD)

As long as I keep only the first function (in this case, ā€œnā€) it works, but once I add more, it stops working

Any solution?
Cheers!

[Read-only link]

Has anyone solved this? An example from with a country list ā€” I need to assign both name and value for select items from CMS.

1 Like

Hi ! Thank you so much for this @PixelGeek ! It worked all the way until i had to hide my collection list, i donā€™t know if i did anything wrong, but as soon as i remove the visibility on it and republish, my select field doesnā€™t work anymore. Is there anyway you can help ?