How to delete the "add to cart" element?

hello all!
I’m having a problem with the ‘add to cart button’ on my product page template. I actually have two occurences and I can’t remove them (see screenshot)

I wanna start my product page template from scratch. any idea?

Many thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Im having the same issue. Couldnt delete, had to revert to a earlier backup. But im sure there is something im missing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added the “add to cart button” on a different page that’s not the product template and i can’t remove it or any of its parent elements either. SOS

I’m having the same issue.
I’ve been able to disconnect all CMS connections from the “add to cart” element except the option select field.
In wait for a proper solution I simply make this element display none for now which at least lets me finish up the page.

strange there is no easy solution to that problem. is webflow thinking of solving it?

You can just set it to display:none I believe! Won’t actually delete it, but it will be out of your way.

1 Like

It seems like no, as it is still not fixed…

I am having the same issue :smile: such a weird thing haha - additionally, you cannot duplicate elements with an add to cart element in it either. Once you place the add to cart element, it is there forever until you hide it…wonder what they thought to do with this :thinking: I hope they fix it soon got some urgent projects to finish…

Having the same problem, so strange…

Same problem. I have 3 hidden “Add To Cart” sections on my site at this point because I can’t delete.

1 Like

I tried and asked other people as well and I couldn’t find a way to get rid of it.

I have same problem here, i put add cart on home page to test something now i cant delete it… I hope webflow will fix it soon. For now only thing we can do is make it display none…

I am experiencing the same issue.

I have been dealing with this issue for months hoping it would be resolved but every time i come back to check this thread it is just more people having the same problems with no help from Webflow… It is making my site heavier and affecting load time therefore affecting my SEO… tragic bc I don’t want to switch platforms but I will have to until this has a fix

Im not going to lie, this is like the third SERIOUS issue i’ve had with webflow since trying to get over to their e-commerce. IT IS SERIOUSLY lacking, glitches and restrictions left and right. Furthermore, they are actually limiting more what I can do with an e-commerce site in terms of branding too. Not only that, but there is NO warning. I just had to rebuild an entire cms design to get around it. This is really unfortunate. I second the motion to be leaving webflow if this continues. Maybe spend more time on fixing your broken elements then fancy UI design updates that just confuse people. 0 stars

3 Likes

at this point i could have coded this site faster.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I had experienced it before and I am surprised that these types of errors are not addressed by Webflow.

Same. I can neither delete not copy and paste my add to cart element to other collection lists linked to products. This means that every time I want to use an add to cart button on a different collection category I have to style an entirely new one. The function is not working correctly as it should as described in the image below from the academy.

I dont understand, why webflow are not replying. I have the same issue and I have to remove it

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Our team is aware of this issue happening on some sites and we’re investigating further.

In the meantime, you can work around the issue by setting the Add to Cart element to “Hidden,” which will prevent it from rendering in your live site’s code. Here’s how you can set the Add to Cart element to Hidden:

1. Select the Add to Cart element in the Designer
  2. Click on the “Settings” tab in the right-hand menu
  3. Under “Visibility & user access,” click the “Hidden” button

Here’s a screenshot showing what that option looks like in the Designer:

Hopefully that workaround is helpful while we work on a more permanent solution. If you have any other issues or questions, you can contact us at support.webflow.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like