How to add an MP4 Video?

Hello! Is there any code or widget I can use to add an MP4 to my website? I don’t want it to be a YouTube video.

2 Likes

Hi Quantumgo

Where are you hosting your video?

You can also use Vimeo as a hosting option if you do not like YT and
still use the Webflow video widget

However, I use both Vzaar and Wistia to host my vids.

You simply put the Embed code inside and HTML widget.

Let me have a bit more information on what you are trying to do and I’ll see if I can help further

Paul

Thank you, the reason I don’t like using YouTube is when the video ends it shows other videos to watch and it’s other companies and not the one I’m building for. Do these other hosting websites give video suggestions at the end like YouTube? If not then that’s perfect!

I need something that won’t have advertisements, is there a code to use without uploading it to a website?

Hi,
use this code (you should upload video to your hosting)

<video controls>
    <source src="video/nameofvideo.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>
3 Likes

Eka,

Right now It’s just through Webflow, how would I upload it to this temporarily? We want to be able to show the client without having it uploaded to a different website due to the advertisements. Thanks a bunch!

Do you have any hosting where you export your websites from webflow? I don’t understand why you can’t upload video to your own hosting and put the file path in the code. There will be no advertising. Example - video in 2 section - http://espadent-allon4.webflow.io/all-on-4/all-on-4
You can’t upload the video directly to webflow… or I don’t understand you correctly.

Eka,

Ah I understand now thank you! :blush:

I just found out, you can also upload video to Dropbox. Take a link for file, change “www.dropbox.com” on “dl.dropboxusercontent.com”, delete “?dl=0” and paste to the code.

1 Like

If you don’t want to embed youtube video in your website, then you can choose to upload videos to file hosting site such as Dropbox, Google Drive to get the embedded code of the video.

1 Like

Eka, this is almost working! I think I must have messed something up?? I’m not sure?

Try this:

<video controls>
    <source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/....mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Hmmmm Not quite still but almost? Lol this is difficult!

dl.dropboxUSERcontent.com

1 Like

Eka,

Ahhh thank you so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.