How can I create custom border in Webflow?

Hello, I’m trying to create a custom border like I have in attached image (grey border).

Does anyone know how I can do this in Webflow?

Hi @BaileyHood, thanks for the question. Yep, you can :slight_smile:

Check this article out from Tips and Tricks: Gradient Border - Webflow Tips - Forum | Webflow

Cheers, Dave

Thanks @cyberdave . I actually was talking about that light grey decorative border in the picture…do you know if there’s a way I can achieve this in Webflow?

Hi @BaileyHood, there is not a direct way to set this via a border style, but you can create a paren div with relative position and the border style you need, then create a another div within the parent div with absolute positioning and full cover.

Next give your inner div some equal margin on all sides and give a light grey border and the effect would be the same. Within the inner div, you can place your content.

That is one approach that is pretty quick to create :slight_smile: I hope that helps :slight_smile: Cheers, Dave

Thanks @cyberdave . I kind of understand what you’re saying but where do I put the actual border graphic?

Hi @BaileyHood, you can use a graphic as a background image in the parent div, or you can create the border using css which I think is a better way to do it.

If you need help, please share your read-only link and a screenshot of the elements in question, and it will be much easier to help :smile:

Cheers,
Dave

Hi @cyberdave , here’s the read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/onyx-interiors-2?preview=ac21f4c8aac5df8ca3719de0ea99cc6b

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve with the grey border. When you go to the link, you’ll notice you have to scroll down and all the content appears. I’d like for that grey border to go around the whole page, including the part on the top where the logo and social media icons are. It would be as if you are scrolling down within that div with the custom border. That make sense?

Hi @cyberdave , any luck with this?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.