Help with forms > Mailchimp

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/jasondigges-com?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=jasondigges-com&preview=daa3370cb9fed7435f1921d0217b6aa8&workflow=preview

Hi there,

I could use some major help with my forms – none of them are working :tired_face:

The first one is a newsletter sign up under the section “Newsletter”. It should be linked to a Mailchimp account but when I hit submit it doesn’t do anything.

The second one is in the footer. I can’t even input my email address?

This all came from a template, so I’m not totally sure what’s going on. At all. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @kelseystratton.co, thanks for your post, it looks like somehow the submit button in the form wrapper for that Subscribe form has been deleted and replaced with a link block instead, which does not submit the form, the default form submit button should not be deleted from the forms or they will break.

I would add another form to the page, then select and drag the Submit Button that is in the form you just created to the original form, inside the form wrapper.

Next you can delete the original subscribe link block and instead use the new submit button.

You can add the same styles to the new submit button that were used with the link block.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much. That makes total sense. But now that I have fixed it I am just getting an error pop up when I input my email address. I’m guessing it has something to do with the mailchimp link? But I used the link they said to use in the webflow tutorial. Any insight there?

Also, any insight as to why I can’t do anything with the input field in the footer? I cant input anything on the live site, but it all looks to be in wrapped in the form.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi @kelseystratton.co, thanks for your reply, do you mind sharing the published url to the page with the form that is not working?

Usually since it is a custom form, there will be messages about the form submission in the browser console that might shed some light on what the issue may be.

Of course!

Hi @kelseystratton.co, thanks for your reply, I took a look and saw that mailchimp is reporting that the account in mailchimp that you are trying to post to has too many requests, are you on a paid mailchimp plan?

Shared with CloudApp

I hope this helps.

It’s not a paid Mailchimp plan but this account is only at 1,010 contacts and the free plan should hold 2,000 contacts, apparently.

But from Googling around with this error I figured it out…

There’s something on the Mailchimp side that is requiring a first name and email entry. I only had the email in. Not sure how to fix this yet, but at least I know what the heck is going on and will just have both of those in the form block for now. :laughing:

Thank you so much for your help with this @cyberdave !

1 Like