Having a section appear on scroll

This seems like it should be easy but I’m having trouble. Even watching all the tutorials. I have a Section that is hidden at load. When I scroll onto the section below it, I want the hidden section to appear. I watched the tutorial and I’m missing a step I think.

First, I am setting the section to not appear when the web page loads. No problem.
Second, I am creating an interaction on the below section that affects another element e.g. the section above. Then I choose Scroll as the Trigger. There I seem to get lost. It looks like that’s all I need to do and it will automatically show the above section. But I’m missing a step (or two or three.)

Thanks.

Hi @joe_in_brooklyn

Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like screenshots and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure these are in order. I am working in Chrome 35 for Mac. As far as the environment, I’m working in standard webflow.com. Not sure how to answer that question to be honest.

I have one section on my page called bigbreak. This section has an Interaction whereas Initial Appearance has Display:None. I have another section right below it called Clients. When you scroll down the page and the section Clients appears, I’d like the section called Bigbreak to appear right above it.

I set an Interaction on Clients and set the Trigger Event to Affect Different Elements. I chose the section “bigbreak” as the logical choice. Then for events I chose when the section Clients “scrolls into view”, it should cause the section “bigbreak” to go from display:none to a block element. And when one “scrolls out of view”, it causes display:none again.

This seems like a pretty simple deal but I can’t get it to work. Does the fact I’m using sections as my elements cause these problems?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.