GTM Form Submission Trigger: Webflow form submission not firing "gtm.formSubmit" event

It’s important to me to track an event every time an user submits a contact form in my Landing Page, using Google Analytics and Tag Manager.

The problem is that the submit button in webflow simply does not fire any event. I think I’ve tried almost everything… It’s possibile to do it without making any changes in webflow.js?

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I run into the exact same problem. Are there any solutions?

Continuing the discussion from Analytics and GTM Tracking Problem - Submit button does not fire the event "gtm.formSubmit":

Greetings
Maurice

I’m also running into this problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve?

Update: I got GTM’s built in form submission event listener to work. (see attachment) My form tracking tags in GTM now fire on multiple form submissions for the same session (without refreshing or clearing cache) and also for multiple form submissions from the same page (e.g. you have a capture form and a newsletter form on the same page etc)

Since Webflow forms use ajax for validation make sure you have “check validation” disabled inside GTM form submission trigger settings.

1 Like

I tried your Form ID solution, but it didn’t work for me.

I did get it working with the Element Visibility trigger type. The Webflow Ajax form displays the Success message when the form has been successfully submitted. This also means that the trigger will only fire if the form is successful (i.e. won’t fire if they click the button without filling it in correctly).

Happy days!

3 Likes

awesome, thanks @adriank … did you find that you ever needed to check the “Observe DOM changes” box in your GTM trigger? Also what GTM tag(s) if any did you have to create to track Webflow form submissions? Thank you!

working on this now — combination of GA4, GTM, Hubspot, and Webflow. I will just say it is very, very finicky. Some Hubspot forms work fine in GTM (i.e. form submission tag fires), and other Hubspot forms do not. I’ve spent several hours on this; wish I had more clarity. To be clear this is a Hubspot/GTM problem, not Webflow.

YOU MADE MY DAY! THANK YOU! :heart: