Full width image retaining aspect - how?

Hi all,

I’m trying to add a simple image (logo design thirsk yorkshire.jpg) on the /thirsk page; in the section under Hero; in Div Block 6

I want it to be the same widh as most other elements (which is why Div Block 6 has 8% padding left and right) and the height of the image should be determined by that (retaining the aspect ratio of the image).

I’ve obviously lost the plot because no matter what I try I can’t do this simple thing! In many cases I get it work in the editor then as soon as I click into preview the image disappears, goes infinitely small, or the size of a postage stamp etc etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any insight you can offer (I’m quite embarrassed by my coming here for help on this simple issue but I’ve spent about two hours repeating the same thing and watching help/u videos).

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Kinetik 210900

I think this is because your image’s dimensions are 1024px wide. To force full width, you’ll need to assign a 100% width property to it.

Thank, you, Port_of_Folio!!

It’s working!

I actually did that a hundred times and all it did was make the image 100% of the width and 0px tall. This time I did what you said - it looked wrong but even so I then clicked into preview and all was good!

Just goes to show what you see in the editor isn’t always what you see in preview.

Thanks again.

1 Like