The ability to capture additional information as part of the payment flow is super useful.

I have a requirement to capture a users sizing details for a tailored clothing fit. The benefit of capturing it at this part of the flow is that it can be wrapped into the validation of payment as well as being placed on the order.

Ideally i’d extend this functionality in 2 ways -

1. Add more field options (flexibly) to cover width, height etc

2. Access the product details via conditional visibility so that I could show and hide this option based on whether a certain product or product attribute is included in the basket.

I can’t think of anyway of solving this issue currently other than manually sending a user to a form element post purchase to capture this type of information. Any work arounds in the meantime gratefully received.

Am I correct in thinking that Apple Pay/Pay with browser users will bypass the Additional Info fields even if they’re set to required? We’ve had an order on a client’s website come through with nothing entered for Additional Info and I’m guessing this is the cause.

Have you tried adding inputs via custom code embed + capturing those values and passing them to the “additionnal info” text area in a structured way via js/jquery ? I’m using this workaround for a client. It’s not as clean, but it works :slight_smile:

Ah interesting, that sounds like a smart work around, I haven’t quite got my head around capturing and passing values in this way via webflow. Did you find a similar example that you adapted? It sounds like the solution i need.

Using this method allows you to use as many html form fields (input / select / radio fields… whatever) inside your checkout form’s layout as you want and where your want.

But you still need to “feed” the info you collected to the actual webflow form to work and be sent along the order when the user presses “place order / checkout” button.
Therefore modifying the text area “additionnal info” box content via jquery can be a nice way of passing the data. If you use clear separators like // or || or — between each different input value you can then more easily parse the data if you use an automation service down the road for instance. And it stays “acceptable” for the user to see this info in the automatic email because it’s a recap of his order.

I’ve done this for a grocery store client to allow the user to select next day delivery dates where i use some code to generate a select box where options match the delivery slots the company accepts.

I’ll try to create a Tips & Tricks / Tutorial post this month to explain the main concepts i’ve found to try to workaround webflow’s limitations in e-commerce.

That sounds exactly what i’m looking for. I’ll do a bit of digging into similar principles outside of the checkout first to understand how jquery works within webflow. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for your tips of tutorial post though. Thanks again for the reply.

Hi Gaby,

This is a great feature, but the additional info doesn’t seem to get passed along through the shippo integration. So orders managed in shippo wouldn’t be labeled with ‘gift’ if that was an option in checkout? Can you confirm if i’ve missed something? Thanks!

Would love to have this on the product page itself. Custom input forms on the product page for customizable products.

I am so upset its limited to three inputs. This would have been the first time I could make the ecommerce feature work for me.

I used both inputs for absoluty required infos: Phone and “Vat Number”. So there is just a checkbox left…

Thank you for the feature but please provide a solution to add more fields.

Love Webflow. But E-commerce is still way off the mark. I’ve lost or turned away so many possible leads, due to Webflow’s Ecommerce being way too restrictive. They shipped Ecom in 2020 and nothing has improved since.

@RugbyWebDesign Josh with Foxy here. Really sorry to hear that. Many Webflow agencies have turned to Foxy to handle just about any ecommerce needs their clients have… all while staying with Webflow.

Happy to chat through any project needs or answer any questions you may have: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh