Error! "Element cannot be pasted in a break" notice when copy & pasting any element

Hey everyone,

I’m having a pretty bad issue right now and couldn’t find anything online about it.

Whenever I try to copy and paste ANY element inside of ANYTHING, I get this error - “Element cannot be pasted in a break”

I have no idea why this is happening, and I’m trying to make a bunch of changes and new sections on my clients’ site, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Read-only link: Webflow - BML Digital

Just quick firing long shot here,

CSS break-inside Property - check this out see if it could be something like that

Hey! Appreciate the reply, not sure what you mean by that though?

I’m really not sure why yet (I looked back at some old issues)
but removing your Footer allows elements to be copy & pasted again.

I’m digging around, but this is a workaround for now, I hope that it somewhat useful :confused:

You can delete the Footer instance, copy and paste, then add back the Footer symbol from your symbols list. You don’t need to delete it altogether. There is something in your Footer that we may no longer allow (maybe under the hood stuff) and I’m assuming your site is over 1 year old, but I’m not quite sure what is causing it.

The workaround above will at least unblock you for now. :pray:

Appreciate it!! This works, the only problem is that I now cannot add the footer back! Do you have any idea what could be causing it so i can delete it from the footer?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.