Dropdown list in NavBar isn't going full width. Change relative to?

Hi everyone,

Been stuck on this for a weekend so I hope the community can help.

I’ve been reverse engineering the navigation dropdown menu from this template and there’s one final thing I can’t do.

When you open the menu it doesn’t go full screen. In the template they set it to absolute and 0% margin, which I think sticks it to the left edge. But when i do that it seems to be stuck next to its menu header, as seen in the screenshot.

Any ideas why it won’t stick to the edge? Thank you so much in advance :slight_smile:

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Sentisum 2.0

Hi

Not perfect but better :slight_smile:

https://www.loom.com/share/104e14c077be4045b52f67333fc80774

Is there a way to make this work but having the content below be pushed downwards? (if not being used in a navbar setting)

Try changing position absolute to static and follow these tutorial to make the animation:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks! While I tried this and got the accordion function working, my issue now is that I want the content to fill the width of a container further up in the hierarchy. For example, I have 3-4 grid elements (which contain dropdowns) spanning across the horizontal axis, and I want the content from each dropdown to fill the width of the container which holds al of these elements. I’ve included my read-only link. It’s on the “About” page.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/website-09-2019?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=website-09-2019&preview=cb082badbd33882248d020e577dff8c9&pageId=60f5e95e2cdff15f9fd1bb5e&workflow=preview

Hi Josephs! I just saw this, looks like you solved it right? The description is the same width as the parent. Was that it?

Not exactly. While it is matching in width to the “collection item” element, the goal is to have it scale to the width of the “collection list” or the “collection list wrapper” element. Best case scenario, it expands like it does now, but would be that full width and maybe something like 600px height or auto (depending what content goes in there).