Dropdown. Force it to remain open!

Hi.
I got a lot of menu dropdown functions on my site. They are used to display texts and technical specs (like a normal hide/show function). The problem is that if I klick anywhere outside the dropdown it automatically collapses.

That makes it very hard to use. I know that I can create a Interaction to hide/show a div on click. The problem is that when I got 20 dropdown on a page, to give all divs a separate ID, and create a separate Interaction its just gets very messy and time consuming.

I like the dropdown function. Is there a small custom code I can embed to force the dropdown to stay open until I click on the actual dropdown…

thanks

Hi, @hackspetten

Could you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link & screenshots really help us to help you faster :slight_smile:

How to share a read-only link:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Anna

Hi.
Here are some screenshots. Im not allowed to share any links or picture of the actually webpage.

Its just a basic dropdown straight from the Webflow system.

But natively the dropdown always close if you click anywhere outside the dropdown. I would it to stay open until the second click on the dropdown. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking.

If you create a show hide interaction for a div and nest the button and div inside a wrapper you can create one interaction for all of them and just limit it to siblings. This is how I have done modals using the cms where they are all generated automatically.

Modals may also be a way for you to display this type of content depending on your needs.

1 Like

Perfect solution. Thanks. case closed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.