Downloaded My project and getting error while running in my machine

Downloaded the code, did node webflow.js

a = window.Webflow || [],
        ^

ReferenceError: window is not defined
at Object. (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:788:13)
at n (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:19:21)
at Object. (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:21296:13)
at n (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:19:21)
at Object. (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:21293:5)
at /Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:53:18
at Object. (/Users/kgutha/kalpanas-fabulous-project-e766ad.webflow/js/webflow.js:54:2)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1109:14)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1138:10)

Try using a local development environment or a liveserver in your IDE. Looks like you opened a file URL.

Is there a step by step guide to run the app after downloading the project ? Thanks.

An exported site is not an app. It is just web pages and assets designed to be hosted on a web server. Developers typically run a local web server for this or use extensions in their IDE. I like to use Laragon on Windows, MAMP Pro on OS X, and liveserver on VS Code.

I ended up importing the files in firebase and it worked fine. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.