Different designs for past events in event calendar

Hi all,

I’m working on my first Webflow project! For a speaker I’m creating a event calendar for all the dates and places he’s speaking.

After a little bit of searching I found out how to create it and got my list of dates set up just like I want! But now the tricky part…

I can filter the different events so the past events are filtert out. But I still want them to be visible just with another layout (like 50% transparant). Can anyone help me out?

Here is my site Read-Only:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wesley-dos-santos?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=wesley-dos-santos&preview=c06f8dbca5f93f66865113f7fba7e696&pageId=5d88b37508e53e29d4ffce5a&mode=preview

Hi on top of my head i think that can be tricky. But you could have an extra object that is shown if it’s a passed event. That can be done with conditional visibility

PS i asume you are using a CMS

Yes, these are events coming from the CMS.

I’ve tried to get the ‘Conditional visibilty’ settings. But its not showing on the colletion list, collection list wrapper or the collection item.

I can only make it so the past events aren’t showing at all, but thats not what we want.

Yes but you can add an object in you list saying “Past event” that uses conditional

I’ve found a fix together with one of our developers.

I’ve recreated the column and gave it a 50% opacity to one of the 2 columns. One shows ‘Past events’ the other shows ‘future events’.

Thanks for the help!