Creating a product color swatch on categories template

Hello,

I have a store, with multiple categories and multiple products per category. Each product has several variants, based on two ‘Options’ sets (‘Color’ and ‘Size’).

I’ve modified a product template, that included a selector for the different variants, by using an option list with a group of buttons for each color and size - in the element settings, the source is the relevant Option Set (‘Color’ or ‘Size’).

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 15.45.10
Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 16.13.41

Now I am trying to display the available colors directly on the category template, where I already have for each product its name, and its price:

But when I create a list from and try to use the option field ‘Color’ as its source - I’m unable to access that information. All other fields (Basic Info, Billing, Shipping, Custom Fields, etc.) are there to choose from, but for some reason the options fields isn’t.

Essentially what I am trying to do is something like this:

But obviously I’m doing something wrong here, because the product options field seem to be locked somehow, and cannot be accessed from the category template.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

I was able to do a work-around by creating an ‘Add to cart’ element on the categories template, and hiding all the other buttons, except the color selector. It’s not a very clean solution, but it works.

Cant understand how you make color picker… In options you can make variants with colored tshits but where you connect samples of colors? Can you send me please link only for read for your site please?