Creating a donation form from scratch

Hi all

New to the forums. I am currently building a site for a charity and might need to create a donation form/module from scratch to connect to a payment partner. Can anyone point me in the right direction of any online resources that can help me build something like in the picture attached? I was hoping to use a third party module embed like donorbox but as the client is in the Netherlands we need to be able to take ideal payments which they don’t accept.

Anyone have any experience in this field? Would appreciate the help so much

Raj

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hey Raj - have you looked into using @foxy to handle this? I think they’d be the ideal choice for your set-up, as they’ve got the ability to integrate a very large variety of payment gateways and Josh from Foxy should be able to get you up-and-running.

See more at https://www.foxy.io/ (click on Donations on the home page)

2 Likes

Hey Raj! I’ve recently worked with a client in the Netherlands and our donation form also uses ideal. Here’s the link for it: https://midbj.strumo.nl/doneren-mag/ - It’s hosted in a testing server so feel free to fake the whole payment process. It will work anyways.

If you would like some help setting yours up, just get in touch with me and I’ll help you out

1 Like

Thanks @mattvaru!

@Ten08 We’ve helped dozens of Webflow users setup donation forms. We support iDeal as well. Feel free to message or email (hello@foxy.io) and we’ll help you get started.

Thanks,
Josh

2 Likes

Hi Jean, this looks perfect. Would it be possible to get in touch with you and discuss further? My email address is info@ten08.online

Thanks Matt, speaking to them now. They sound great and i will definitely be using in the future but my current client wants to use another company to process payments that charge per transaction :disappointed:… definitely going to push for using foxy with the next one.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in the best way to handle donations within Webflow site. I’d also like to know if it’s possible if donations/subscriptions can be handled within Webflow (like e-commerce?). Please contact me on info@ixstudios.nl (or here on the Webflow forums)

Hi @icexuick.
What you’re after won’t be possible with Webflow Ecommerce. That said, with Foxy + Webflow, this is possible. Feel free to email us with your specific needs and we can get you pointed in the right direction: hello@foxy.io.

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks for your reply (and others as well).

Time is currently very limited here due to Corona - but we will probably go with the Paypal Smart buttons for now. They take some time to setup and tweak, also due to the lack of proper information about these new buttons - but the end result/process is very simple which i like.

There should even be a possibility for recurring donations, but i haven’t figured that out yet.

From experience I can tell you that you opted for the fastest route , so you did great. You will lose a bit on the custom experience but you’ll save yourself a ton of time.

All the best of luck to you and your company

2 Likes

Hey Jean, yeah just emailed him saying the same. Did ask if they needed help then I’d message to get you both in touch but they are pressed for time and went for stress free solution :slight_smile: hope you are staying safe. Will email you real soon sir

2 Likes

Hi Ten,

Definitely I can recommend to you ConvertCarlculator. You can easily create a Donation Form an embedded this on your website. You will can accept payments through Stripe and iDeal (Netherlands payment method). It is a powerful tool!

Wow thanks. Have you hot an example of one you built? Would love to see?

Raj Kumar

ten08
email: info@ten08.online
phone: (+31) 640523891

Hi Jean,
The donation form you’ve build on https://magikdanbijjou.nl/doneren-mag/ is exactly what I am looking for! A direct link to Mollie, not through a checkout from Foxy or anyone else. Please, can you tell me how you did that in Webflow?

2 Likes

Hi Wouter, i hired a lovely guy who helped me build and integrate. I could get you and Jean in touch if you want? Highly recommended and I’ll be working with him again when i need the same again.

2 Likes

Hi Ten08, yeah I will really appreciate that! Thanks!

1 Like

Just answered your private message @Wouter_Dam!

Thanks a lot for such nice words @Ten08!

1 Like

Hello Jean!
Your design looks exactly what I want to design for my new project. Is that possible for your to share some insight of this donation form? Thank you in advance!
yujing.wang0000@gmail.com

Hi Raj,

You can easily create a donation form with Donorbox and embed it on your Webflow website seamlessly.

Donorbox does accept iDeal and iDeal Recurring Both.

When you sign up on Donorbox, go to your campaigns & you will find the embed form button.

Once clicked, you will find a script that you can copy-paste on your webflow page within minutes. You can even attach a goal meter to your fundraising campaign.

Check this tutorial here for more information.

Let me know if that helps

Hiya! Do you have plans to make your integrations accessible in the near future?