Create "Page Trigger - Page scrolled Animation" globally

Hey guys, I just watched this video on showing or hiding a navbar on scroll: Show & Hide Navbar on Scroll - Webflow interactions and animations tutorial - YouTube.
It all works fine, I got it to work. However, do I really have to create the page trigger for each page I want to implement this? My nabar is a symbol. Is there no way to do this globally?

an older comment from the webflow team:

Hey guys, since this animation plays on page load, you’ll need to create the trigger on each page in your project. However, after you create the animations (Navbar enter and Navbar leave) for the first time, you won’t need to create them again. All you’ll need to do is:

1. Go to each page
  2. Add a page load trigger
  3. Choose Navbar enter under Scrolled up
  4. Choose Navbar leave under scrolled down Another thing to note here is that if you haven’t saved your fixed navbar as a symbol, you’ll need to apply the animations to the fixed navbar class so it works on all pages. So, just edit the Navbar leave and Navbar enter animations, select the action and set it to apply to the class like this: [Image 2018-07-19 at 11.50.2...]

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/staging-linkyard-ch?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=staging-linkyard-ch&preview=cb1db8a59410c4f619f16d204afe2ab7&pageId=5f4772ef02f4165925ad57fb&mode=preview

2 Likes

I had the same question as well!
Appreciate an answer :frowning:
TIA