Create a custom page with html/css/js

Hi,

I am an experienced web developer but I am new to WebFlow. I’ve been brought on to a freelance project to help build out a custom GoogleMaps feature. I originally thought the project was going to be built in WordPress, but they are considering switching to WebFlow. I have been looking around to see if what I need to do can be accomplished in WebFlow but I am struggling to find information.

Is it possible to build out a completely custom page or component in just pure css/html/js on a WebFlow site? I see things about adding custom code to the head and after body tags, etc but I am looking for information on how to add a full page or component that was coded from scratch (no serverside code necessary)

Anyways, can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so, can you point me toward some resources explaining how this might be achieved?

Any insight will help greatly! Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Nope. You can load js code from any public url and via the embed element which is limited to 10k characters but all pages are built and rendered via Webflow. I have used JS to load in HTML from subdomains as a workaround.

2 Likes

@Nina_Horne - you can use the HTML embed component to build something like this. You will still have some basic HTML structure from Webflow, essentially a <head>, and emtpy <body> and some included css, and javascript in the head and before the closing body tag.

1 Like

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Thank you! Is this the same component @webdev was referring to that has a 10k character limit?

There is a page in the Webflow University that I recommend you review if you haven’t.
It should help you resolve your issue.

If you are still stuck, let us know.