Concerns about Medicinal Marijuana Projects

Hey guys, I got asked to make a medical marijuana site for a client. We wouldn’t be accepting any medical information directly through the site, just a place for clients to examine their stock and submit a cart for cash on delivery orders.

I was wondering if this has been done yet or if theirs any issues that may come up with handling this industry and webflow.

Hey @Gab_Drem good question about medical marijuana Ecommerce sites hosted on Webflow. I reached out to our support team to learn more and here is what I can tell you.

If your client is selling a U.S. federally controlled substance, they’re not likely to be a good fit for Webflow.

The legality of the site’s content would be between the client, their lawyers and the laws in place wherever you operate the business. Weblfow needs to reserve the right to make determinations about user content on a case-by-case basis and so we are not in a position to offer a legal opinion to our users based on current or future content.

The business site would be treated as any other business site built within Webflow and subject to our Terms of Service, specifically the section on Ecommerce.

Hope this information helps. If you or the client would like to discuss this further, please reach out to our customer support team via email. support@webflow.com

Hi @Gab_Drem.
Josh with Foxy here. None of Webflow Ecommerce’s integrated gateways support high-risk industries. That said, Foxy integrates with multiple gateways that do. We have lots of experience with CBD, medical marijuana, firearms, etc.

As long as your content fits within Webflow’s TOS and Foxy’s TOS, you can sell online, using Foxy as your ecommerce provider and Webflow as your website provider.

Manage products with Webflow CMS. Embed a customer portal. And more: https://foxy.io/webflow

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

I think that before you agree to make such an order, you should ask your client about the legality of his actions related to the sale of medicinal Marijuana.