Collections List Items with different column span?

Is it possible to define collection list items that span over two or three columns to give featured items more real estate?

EDIT: I know, I can define the first list item, the last list item, and every second list item. But I need the list item to span over two columns no matter what position it has. Based on a toggle in the cms.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Nobody? Does really nobody knows if this is possible? Not even the Webflow staff?

Hi @downtownberlin - can hopefully help, however as this is a community forum sometimes a bit of patience is needed.

The way that I’d achieve this is by dropping in individual Collection List elements - then setting the first one to be that 2-3 columns or spacing your after, while the second can be the usual one column.

Can then use the limits/filters to say i.e. limit this to 1 item and always the first one, or alternatively implement a toggle into the collection then you can say you only want the toggle to be in that 2-3 column spread.

A bit more manual work, but should work as you want it and still have the automation that new items still trickle down (if not toggle on) or always go to that feature area.

hi @downtownberlin as text columns are mostly used for dividing large text into newspaper like columns you may use CSS Grid. It is up to you.

I will suggest to visit WFU to learn how to work with this platform

Thank you, but how does this answer my question if you can span collection items across multiple columns?

Thanks. For defining/styling the first, the last, or every second item differently there is already a built-in functionality in Webflow. But this does not solve my requirements. I need the list item span over two columns no matter on what position it is. Based on a toggle in the cms.