CMS content structure

Hey,

i would like to create a website and i want have one cms collection with people. I would also like to collect on the website what these people have to say about certain topics. So on the one hand I want to have individual pages for each person, that’s not the problem, that’s easy to implement with Webflow.

Also, I want to have a single page for each person with each topic. for example, I have person X and I have 10 different topics on the site. I want to have a single dynamic page for each person with each topic.

For example, if I had 10 topics and 100 people I should then have 1000 individual pages.

My best idea so far is to create a people collection and have a separate collection for each topic and organize my database with AirTable.

I have searched for categories and subcategories for Collections, but have not found anything.

What is the best thing for me to do?
I am open to any suggestions.

Have a fantastic day.
Janek

Welcome to the forum, Janek!

You could use javascript and a URL parameter on the Person page that hide all the topics except the one in the URL parameter, e.g. /people/john?topic=Finance. Unfortunately, that is not optimal for SEO.

Otherwise, if you want a dynamic page for each person/topic pair, then you’ll need a collection in the CMS that has one CMS item for each pair, e.g. Person_Topic. That’s the “Webflow” way of doing it.

It might be hard to manage all those person/topic pairs in the CMS. It might be much easier to manage that database in Airtable and use a tool like PowerImporter to automatically sync it to Webflow

Hey Marc,

thanks for the reply.
I will do the second option with AirTable.

if you think of a better solution, let me know

Best regards.

Hey,

I have another question.

Is it possible to have 2 dropdown search fields on my home page so that you always have a person/topic pair and then are always directed to the appropriate page without a “search results” page?

Best regards.

Sure. If your slugs are predictable (e.g. generated by an Airtable formula), then you could construct the right slug and open that page with javascript after the user fills the two dropdown fields.