Thanks for the read-only link.
I’ve had a play using interactions. Hopefully, it’s the desired effect you’re after.
A lot to explain, so might be easier to make a quick video for you.
But in summary here’s what I did:
- Removed all of your styling on the following elements:
item, Navigation Items, Navigation Wrap
So I could work with a clean ‘canvas’ to create the interaction
- Set a hover state on ‘item’ (nav link) to Black
- Set a current state on ‘item’ (nav link) to Yellow (or whatever colour you want. I used yellow to ensure I could see the obvious difference in colour)
- Created an interaction on the ‘item’ element with 2 actions: nav-hover-on, nav-hover-off
- nav-hover-on will change (item) text colour to Grey, apply to Class and affect siblings with this Class
- nav-hover-off will change (item) text colour to Black, apply to Class and affect siblings with this class.
Will post a video shortly.
Let me know if it’s what you’re after