Can't delete collection as it's used in bindings

Hello,

I’m trying to delete a collection but I get the error “Cannot delete collection as it is used in bindings”

How can I delete it, I removed all bindings I’m pretty sure? Thanks for the help in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/lara-kalaf?preview=6091ff3803fada320012d8306d1dc690

Before being able to delete a collection, delete all bindings of purple elements in the Designer

– in the viewport: template page elements, and Collection Lists elements in static pages: all link settings must be turned to none

– in the Settings tab: elements can be bound to the Collection by a background image, a background color, a text color or a border color

vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/7j162.jpg

– in the Page settings: SEO, OG and RSS can be bound to the Collection fields

vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/ii716.jpg

– inside of every block of custom code (inside of a Collection List on static pages, or anywhere in a Template page)

vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/4r6wa.jpg

– How to browse all elements in the Navigator to spot purple ones? In the Navigator tab, select the Body element, keep Alt pressed while you press Arrow Down as many times as needed to browse all element. This will unfold the complete tree view of your site.

vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/0tir8.gif

– pay attention to the error message, they sometimes contain clues to where a binding is conflicting

– if you ever run into a case where you think all the bindings are deleted, but they are not, try to do a full version save of the site, by pressing cmd+shift+s in Mac or ctrl-shift-s in Windows. If that does not allow you to delete the collection element(s) then send an email to support@webflow.com.

4 Likes

Thanks Vincent amazing and comprehensive tips!

All my bindings were gone so I had to contact Webflow and they did a hard reset for me which did the trick.

1 Like

Great. Did you try the shift+s thing before contacting support?

Yes I did! Thanks for the help again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.