Beta Release: New Designer Canvas

Yay! I helped fix a thing!

(it’s fixed)

4 Likes

Rich text images are behaving better now.

Hey Webflow,

Clicking on link half way down the page goes to new page as expected, but leaves me half way down the page on arrival, not going to the top of the document.

Video here: Link click through position

Setup: PC, Windows 10, Chrome 59.

Hey @Aaron - good catch! Any chance you can send a read-only link (you can DM me privately) :pray:

Not sure if this is a “New Canvas” problem, but I was adding some images to a CMS Item, using “Drag & Drop” in an image field and it kept adding the image to assets and exiting the CMS item…

Video Here: Recording #85

Thanks for the report @Aaron we’re working on a fix for this and I’ll let you know as soon as the fix has been pushed :bowing_man:

1 Like

If I enabled beta once, how to disable it? Because right now the canvas is slow and buggy as hell ((

Just remove the ?ac from the URL and you’ll be back on the old canvas.

Hi @arsln which site are you experiencing this on? Could you please share your site read-only link:

Or if you cannot share it here, can you please DM it to me? :bowing_man:

Please send me screenshots/recordings of the behavior you’re describing.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

Hi @Andrew_Nalder this bug with the dropdowns staying open in preview mode after a few clicks has been resolved. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Can you please take a look on your end (after refreshing the site in the Designer) to make sure that everything is working correctly with this feature?

Thanks in advance and standing by for your confirmation.

All working perfectly now :slight_smile:

Hi! Sorry for late answer! Here is the link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nisarga?preview=84dc74b9ccf063f03acc9e7da39f8faa

The problem that I tried new canvas only once, and now I don’t have any ?ac in the url

But I immediately notice performance difference, nothing changed in websites, but now webflow eats 98-99% of CPU when in use. I rarely heard cpu fan noise on my macbook while using Webflow, now it’s rolling all the time. Browser - Safari 10.1.2

When I use it in Chrome (no other tabs opened) Google Chrome Helper takes 80% of CPU— my macbook just getting really hot

Maybe it’s not Webflow Issue, I guess maybe it’s some caching issue or something, and maybe my macbook is the cause, but before trying beta everything just worked fine.

Some bugs — block doesn’t change its content, for example, I double clicke on button, replace text, but still see my old text. And some other glitches, like webflow top bar ‘eats’ space from the page, have o reload page few times to fix it

(?ac is on)

After the class name change all it’s instances are reset to default styling. Only after focusing an instance it becomes styled properly again.

Hope this helps!

ac? is off, but still have bugs like it’s turned on:

Sometimes blocks behave like there is no height or content (even with defined height)

I think I get it, there is something with the border-radius — If I set it to 100%, or more than block height, it brokes (so, 99% helps)

PS Yes, I know, should set 50% instead… just bad habit :smiley:

Could this:

have anything to do with this:

???

Never got muh swag. :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh no @Cricitem I sent you a DM requesting the information so that we can get that sent out ASAP :bowing_man:

Is this new canvas already live?

Yes, it is! Closing this issue for now - any bug reports can be separate posts on the forum.

If anyone still hasn’t gotten their gift package for helping with bug reports, send me a DM and let us know!